Associated Youth Services Of Peel
Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP) is an accredited, charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and/or youth justice issues. AYSP’s team of professionals bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development. AYSP provides a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners, using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
We are currently seeking several Counsellors to join our Family Connections team. The Family Connections program is designed to support families in becoming more effective at managing current and future crises and to help connect and strengthen families’ formal and informal networks of support.
Job Type: Permanent Full time & Temporary Contract (1 year – maternity leave)
Location: Head office in Peel Region, with requirements to travel within the Peel Region
Union Affiliation: OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
- Provide 8 – 10 weeks of in-person, home-based and/or virtual counselling to children, youth and families
- Develop and deliver intervention and service plans in conjunction with the client, based upon a comprehensive, strength-based ecological assessment
- Conduct sessions utilizing evidenced based/evidenced informed interventions
- Provide parents/caregivers with individual parenting support and intervention
- Manage crisis situations placing child at risk of being placed outside of the home
- Assist families in accessing and coordinating all service components within the community, as applicable
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with collateral agencies and service providers
- Maintain professional documentation, in the form of assessments, case notes, discharge summaries and statistical information
- Participate in Family Connections bi-weekly clinical peer supervision and monthly individual supervision
- Work flexible hours related to the needs of the clients, evening work will be required
- Transport clients in own vehicle, as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counselling or degree in related field
- Registration within the professional regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario in good standing is required
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience working with youth and families with complex needs
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, children’s mental health issues, behaviour modification techniques, family dynamics and crisis intervention
- Engagement, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-need clients utilizing a goal-focused approach
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and provide own transportation, with appropriate liability insurance and evidence of coverage for transporting clients
- Fluency in French and other languages is considered an asset
Salary Range: $47,395 – $56,668 yearly
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision provided
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program.
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until September 9, 2022 at 5:00pm.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org