Associated Youth Services Of Peel
Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP) is an accredited, charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and/or youth justice issues. AYSP’s team of professionals bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development. AYSP provides a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners, using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
We are currently seeking a Counsellor to join our Working Together with Families, 0-6 team. The WTWF 0-6 program is a family-focused counselling program based on a family preservation service delivery model working to strengthen the parent/child relationship and increase parent/caregiver skills and support systems.
Job Type: Temporary Contract
Location: Head office in Peel Region, with requirements to travel within the Peel Region
Union Affiliation: OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
- Conduct home-based, family-focused intervention for families and children ages 0-6, utilizing evidenced- based/evidenced- informed interventions
- Complete a comprehensive, strength-based, ecological assessment, treatment and goal plan, individual to the client
- Participate in bi-weekly clinical peer supervision and monthly individual supervision
- Manage crisis situations placing child at risk of being placed outside of the home
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with collaborating agencies
- Maintain professional documentation in the form of assessments, progress reports, discharge summaries and statistical information
- Work flexible hours related to the needs of the clients, evening work will be required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counselling or degree in related field
- Registration within the professional regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario in good standing is required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with families, children, and youth with complex needs
- Training/experience in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, structural family therapy, crisis therapy/management, behaviour management, assessing parental capacity and attachment theory/therapy with sound working knowledge of the CFS
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-need clients utilizing a goal-focused approach
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License, in good standing, having access to a vehicle with insurance as per agency policy
- Fluency in French or a language other than English is considered an asset
Salary Range: $47,395 – $56,668 yearly
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision provided
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program.
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until September 14, 2022 at 5:00pm.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org