Associated Youth Services Of Peel
Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP) is an accredited, charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and/or youth justice issues. AYSP’s team of professionals bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development. AYSP provides a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners, using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
We are currently seeking several Therapists to join our Multisystemic Therapy team. Multisystemic Therapy (MST) is a highly effective evidenced-based model that works with at risk youth and their families. Currently, AYSP is the only agency that offers MST in Canada, making it a unique opportunity for the successful candidate.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Head office in Peel Region, with requirements to travel within the Peel, Halton and Dufferin regions
Union Affiliation: OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
- Provide in-home counselling within a multi-faceted program which promotes behaviour change in a youth’s natural
- Develop and deliver treatment and intervention plans in conjunction with the client, based upon a comprehensive, strength-based ecological assessment
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with collateral agencies and service providers
- Participate in an initial 5 day training and certification in the MST model by a highly skilled MST Expert, and in quarterly trainings focused on different aspects of the model and notable trends in the field
- Participate in MST weekly clinical peer supervision with the MST team and Consultant
- Maintain professional documentation, in the form of assessments, case notes, discharge summaries and statistical information
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, occasional evening and weekend work will be required
- Support the 24-hour on-call system, on a rotational basis
- Transport clients in own vehicle, as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counselling or other related field
- Registration within the professional regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario in good standing is required
- Minimum 2 years’ clinical experience working with youth and families with complex needs
- Knowledge of or experience with Cognitive Behavioural, Structural Family, and Strategic Family Therapies as well as behavioural-based treatments
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-need clients utilizing a goal-focused approach
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and provide own transportation, with appropriate liability insurance and evidence of coverage for transporting clients
- Fluency in French and other languages is considered an asset
Salary Range: $55,638 – $64,911 yearly
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision provided
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program.
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until September 14, 2022 at 5:00pm.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org