Website Associated Youth Services Of Peel
Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP) is an accredited, charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and/or youth justice issues. AYSP’s team of professionals bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development. AYSP provides a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners, using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
We are currently seeking Therapists to join our DBT Team. Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is a highly effective, comprehensive, evidence-based model that works with youth who struggle with self-harm and/or life-threatening behaviours.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Head office in Peel Region
Union Affiliation: OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
- Devise and deliver assessment, treatment and intervention plans in conjunction with the client to ensure progress toward goals, including management of crisis and life-threatening behaviours, adhering to the DBT treatment model with multi-need adolescents
- Conduct in-person, office-based individual therapy sessions, family therapy, telephone coaching to clients and provide case management support as needed
- Plan, organize, and co-facilitate DBT multi-family skills groups and DBT youth only skills groups
- Maintain regular communication and work collaboratively with other professionals involved with clients
- Participate in DBT Foundational Training and certification in DBT.
- Maintain professional documentation, in the form of assessments, progress reports, and discharge summaries
- Participate in weekly Team Consultation and monthly individual supervision
- Provide statistical information related to the service provided to each family and participate in program evaluation
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with collateral agencies and service providers
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, evening work will be required
- Support the 24-hour phone coaching service, on a rotational basis
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master of Social Work Degree or other comparable Post Graduate Degree in a related field
- Membership in the appropriate professional regulatory body under the Psychotherapy Act is required
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience working with youth and families with complex needs
- Knowledge of and experience with Trauma-informed Practice, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness, Crisis Intervention, Exposure Therapy, and Family Therapy
- Experience in group facilitation with youth and parents/caregivers
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-need clients utilizing a goal-focused approach
- Knowledge and experience implementing DBT is an asset
- Fluency in French or other languages is considered an asset
Salary Range: $55,638 – $64,911 yearly
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision provided
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program.
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until January 17, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
To apply for this job please visit secure.collage.co.