York Hills Centre for Children, Youth and Families
Child and Family Therapist for our Brief and CBT Services. Full-time permanent position
Child and Family therapists provide counselling to children/youth up the age of 18, and their families. Therapists address a range of mental health issues, including emotional, behavioural and/or psychiatric symptoms that may be impacting functioning at home, school, socially or in the community. Intervention strategies are determined following a thorough intake and assessment.
Working as a Child and Family Therapist here’s what you will get to do:
• Be part of a growing, dynamic, learning focused organization that is family centered and believes in the inherent resilience and strength of children, youth and families.
• Formulate assessment and treatment plans and provide therapeutic counselling using a range of evidence based practices, and provision of psycho-education as needed.
• Provide flexible, creative service to children, youth and families experiencing complex challenges, requiring various levels of service in order to strengthen their ability to manage more effectively by building on their strengths.
• Provide counselling using a CBT approach. Familiarity with MATCH-ADTC is an asset.
• Provide single-session and brief counselling using a Brief-Solution Focused approach, as well as facilitate groups and workshops.
• Provide case management for clients with multiple needs, i.e. refer clients to other internal/external services when appropriate, and liaise with staff from those programs to best support clients and meet their needs.
• Organize work to meet scheduled deadlines and program demands, including clinical reports.
• Ensure that the client record is maintained as per agency standards.
•Perform other related duties as assigned.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who has:
• Demonstrated ability to provide evidenced based treatment modalities including but not limited to, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy and Family Therapy.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent development, family systems, trauma and attachment-based therapy and neurobiology.
• Knowledge of community and agency programs in York Region, including transitional age youth and adult services is an asset.
• Demonstrated sound judgement related to the development of collaborative approaches working with children, youth and their families; including high-risk circumstances and safety planning.
• Ability to meet the needs of a diverse client base, through knowledge and application of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), trauma-informed, anti-oppressive, anti-racist and cultural competency practices.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment exercising professional judgement in stressful situations.
• Sound writing skills with a strong record in completing documentation in a timely manner. • Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• Ability to identify clinical learning needs and seek consultation and support through supervision.
Here is what you will need:
• Masters of social work or Masters of Counselling Psychology, and registration with an appropriate governing body, and at least 2 years of experience within a children’s mental health setting.
• Experience working with children/youth struggling with depression, anxiety, strained social relationships, self-injurious behaviour, trauma, psychiatric diagnoses, difficult family dynamics, learning disabilities etc.
• Access to a private, confidential home office space with high speed internet access.
• Must be fluent speaking, writing and reading in English. Fluency in other languages is an asset.
York Hills is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We encourage you to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to this role within your application.
York Hills is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace. We believe in a cultivating a selection process and employment environment without discrimination or harassment, that is inclusive and barrier free.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance and we will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner
APPLY TODAY! Recruitment (adp.com)
Accepting applications until May 20, 2022. Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org