York Hills Centre for Children, Youth and Families
Child and Family Therapist – Front Door System Coordinator
Permanent, Full Time
The Front Door System Coordinator provides support to children, and youth up the age of 18, and their families referred for service at York Hills. The Coordinator will maintain regular contact with families during their wait for service, which will include assessment of risk and needs. The Coordinator will be responsible for designated pre-admission tasks such as client orientation, as well as overseeing group services that meet the identified needs of waiting families. Support to our Walk in and Phone in support service, as well as providing brief therapy will also be part of this role. The Coordinator’s role is to minimize the impact of wait time on families by providing timely intervention as well as to offer strategies and supports for those families that may benefit from brief solution-focused service and/or group therapy.
Here is what you will need:
• Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW), Counselling Psychology (or equivalent), and registration with an appropriate governing body with at least 2 years of experience in a children’s mental health setting.
• Experience working with children, youth and their families struggling to manage when the effects of depression, anxiety, strained social relationships, self-injurious behaviour, trauma, psychiatric diagnoses, attentional and learning disabilities, and difficult family dynamics interfere with their ability to function as they wish at home, school or in the community.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who has:
• Desire to be part of a growing dynamic learning focused organization that is family centered and believes in the inherent resilience and strength of children, youth and families.
• Prior experience supporting families waiting for service is an asset, with an ability to assess level of risk, which will include monitoring, reviewing and recording changes to family circumstances.
• Knowledge related to development and use of safety plans, ablity to conduct a risk assessment.
• Sound knowledge of evidenced based treatment modalities including but not limited to, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Trauma-informed therapy, Attachment-based therapy and Family Therapy,
• Knowledge of community and agency programs in York Region including transitional age youth and adult services. Ability to families in accessing other supports available in the community.
• Demonstrated sound judgement related to the development of collaborative approaches working with children, youth and their families.
• Can monitor the needs and characteristics of York Hills clients and identifying service delivery needs.
• Ability to meet the needs of a diverse client base, through knowledge of and application of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), trauma-informed, anti-oppressive, anti-racist and cultural competency practices.
• Experience developing and facilitating groups and webinars/workshops.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment exercising professional judgement in stressful situations.
• Sound writing skills and ability to complete documentation in a timely manner.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• Demonstrated computer literacy and familiarity with computer technology.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule that includes two evenings/week.
• Must be fluent in English, speaking, writing and reading. Fluency in other languages is an asset.
York Hills is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We encourage you to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to this role within your application.
York Hills is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace. We believe in a cultivating a selection process and employment environment without discrimination or harassment, that is inclusive and barrier free.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance and we will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
APPLY TODAY! Recruitment (adp.com)
Accepting applications until June 30th, 2022. Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org