Website Children's Mental Health Services
Serving children, youth and families in HPE
Position: Virtual Walk in Clinician
Status: Regular Part-Time – up to 24 hours/week, Monday to Saturday
Salary: Undergraduate $32.37 to $38.69/hr
Graduate $34.35 to $41.05/hr
(starting salary within range negotiable)
Children’s Mental Health Services (CMHS) is a publicly funded charitable organization in the City of Belleville which provides a spectrum of innovative and evidence-based, mental health services. We provide Live-In and community-based services including in–home programs to children, youth, and families within the community.
One Stop Talk is a new virtual counselling service available across Ontario that provides immediate access to free mental health support. The program provides single-session counselling support and ensures direct referral to additional services when needed. Services are provided through an integrated network of infant, child, and youth mental health agencies across Ontario.
What we Offer
- Signing bonus
- Premium payment of fourteen percent (14%) for all hours worked paid in lieu of benefits or option to enrol in comprehensive group benefits plan inclusive of health, dental, and disability coverage.
- Ability to work remotely (occasionally will be required to attend the agency office)
Reporting to the Community Services Manager, the Provincial Virtual Walk-in Clinician will provide immediate counselling support to children, youth, and their families. The role consists of providing mental health support and an entry point for mental health services. This is a remote role, providing virtual counselling three days/up to 24 hours a week, determined a month in advance, currently, on weekdays from 12 pm to 8 pm and Saturdays from 12 pm to 4 pm. This position is part of the bargaining unit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide evidence-informed virtual counselling to clients and their families who may be experiencing distress and/or who require mental health support with the intention of resolving presenting issues or referring them to appropriate mental health resources or services.
- Respond to crises to address and reduce immediate risk to the client or community where a client may be at risk of harm to self or others.
- Assess the level of risk for suicidal ideation and develop a plan accordingly using community-based interventions and medical services if necessary.
- Ensure that all required agency and provincial reporting information, including all required documentation, records and statistical data is submitted according to procedures and meets professional, licensing, and legal requirements.
- Work in collaboration through an integrated care model with service navigators and other service providers as necessary.
Experience/Skills and other Requirements
- Master of Social Work or equivalent.
- Consideration will be given to candidates with a Bachelor of Social Work with at least two years of work experience in a community-based children’s mental health agency.
- Must be registered with either OCSWSSW or CRPO college.
- Possess at least two years of experience in the delivery of mental health services similar to the responsibilities noted above.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and capacity to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with the use of computers, programs, and software.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve service goals.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.fitzii.com/apply/80712
Children’s Mental Health Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted regarding this position, please advise Human Resources of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
While we thank all applicants, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com