Children's Mental Health Services
Children’s Mental Health Services is the Lead Agency for Child and Youth Mental Health in Hastings, Northumberland and Prince Edward Counties serving children and youth, birth to eighteen years, and their families. Children’s Mental Health Services has been accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation in Organizational Standards and in Child and Youth Mental Health. Child and Youth Mental Health is an exciting, challenging and rewarding field, particularly at this time of system transformation. We are looking for a candidate who is driven by a strong desire to create possibilities for change in young lives, and enjoys working in an engaging and collaborative way.
As a leader and innovator, the Community Services Manager will have responsibility for the management of community-based and multi-disciplinary services provided by the organization in the geographic areas of Hastings and Prince Edward Counties. The Community Services Manager will provide clinical leadership and supervision to frontline staff and will be responsible for program development and evaluation along with managing community partnerships. The Community Services Manager will report to the Clinical Director and will be a member of the CMHS Management Team.
- Masters of Social Work, Psychology or Marriage and Family Therapy, as well as additional courses in clinical supervision, management or the administration of human services are required.
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience within children’s mental health or other children’s services is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy to support the responsibilities of the position and program requirements.
- Excellent demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, time management and organizational skills,
- Sound judgement and strong clinical skills,
- Direct child and family treatment experience.
- Experience in program planning, development and evaluation.
- Experience within team development and management, community partnerships, and developing positive working relationships at all levels.
- Experience in unionized work environments.
- Valid Province of Ontario driver’s license as well as automobile insurance with a minimum liability of one million dollars for business purposes.
- Candidates Bilingual in English and French will be given special consideration.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Screening).
- Candidate will be required to be registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
Children’s Mental Health Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the hiring committee member of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
All applicants are appreciated for their interest and effort in applying, however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org