Website Hands the Family Help Network
JOB POSTING #1693-21
Director – Child and Youth Mental Health Services
HOURS OF WORK:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
North Bay, ON
Minimum $48.92 to maximum $61.01 per hour
Salary commensurate with education and experience
November 19, 2021 – noon
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an organization dedicated to helping children, youth, adults, and families, achieve the best possible care and help they need when they need it the most. Our team provides services to more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide professional services in the areas of adult developmental services, autism, child development, child and youth mental health, justice services and navigation supports.
The Director of Child and Youth Mental Health Services is accountable for the delivery of Child and Youth Mental Health Services and programs. The Director is a contributing member of the Senior Leadership team which sets overall direction and provides leadership within the Agency.
Key areas of responsibility include: Providing strategic leadership to the Child and Youth Mental Health Services, Navigation, Justice, Child Development and Complex Coordination teams; Active participation in the Agency’s Senior Leadership team; Direct responsibility and performance management accountability for the management teams of identified program areas; indirect responsibility for approximately 80 front line staff; Financial management including engaging with funders and partners for appropriate allocation and effective delivery of services; Developing and maintaining community partnerships; Ensuring services are evidence-based and reflect best practices; Using data and metrics to ensure alignment with targets in a context of quality assurance and continuous improvement; Providing input and direction on Human Resources matters; Risk management, including ensuring compliance with all relevant professional standards, Ministry requirements, legislation, and legal requirements.
· Master or other advanced degree relevant to Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Developmental Disabilities
· Registration with professional college relevant to the position
· Minimum five (5) years of senior management and leadership experience, including strategy development
· Minimum five (5) years clinical experience
· Knowledge of children’s mental health issues and the mental health system
· Effective communication, consultation, and conflict resolution skills
· Ability to develop, establish, and foster positive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders such as colleagues, Board of Directors, Ministry representatives/funders, community, and other partners
· Actively demonstrate an ongoing commitment to health and safety
· Demonstrated ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality
· Working knowledge of privacy legislation
· Competence in use of evidence-based practices and evidence informed decision making
· Competence in program evaluation and overseeing research projects
· Strong project management skills
· Critical thinker and experience in systems design
· Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada prior to commencing work
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
· Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; and,
· Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1693-21 to:
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com