Website Hands the Family Help Network
JOB POSTING #1766-22
Child and Youth Worker – Live-In Treatment Services
North Bay, ON
HOURS OF WORK:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
Child and Youth Workers are scheduled on a rotational basis which includes daytime, evenings, and overnight awake hours to support Live-in Treatment Services that operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year
Minimum $22.60 to maximum $28.23 per hour
Salary commensurate with education and experience
This posting will remain open until the position has been filled
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is working to create a better day today and tomorrow for our clients, families, and communities. We are dedicated to improving the life experiences of families, children, youth and adults with mental health concerns or a developmental disability, by providing them with help and support in facing and working through social, emotional, behavioural, physical, and developmental difficulties.
Our professional team helps more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, Timmins, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide quality clinical, navigation and professional support in the areas of autism, behavioural, developmental, mental health, and rehabilitative services.
The Child and Youth Worker (CYW) implements treatment plan recommendations by providing direct mental health services to clients engaged in Live-in Treatment Services (LITS). Support may be provided to a client, their family, and caregivers before, during and following live-in treatment, and in a variety of environments, including home, school, and community settings. Following evidence-based clinical principles, the CYW team are active participants in creating a stable environment for youth and a safe and healthy environment for clients, colleagues, and community. They are responsible for supporting general home/site management, including housekeeping, grocery acquisition, meal planning and preparation. The CYW team provides 24/7 crisis support and risk assessments, contributes to meeting ongoing licensing and other legal requirements and demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
· Child and Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Recreation Therapy, Community and Justice Services, or Addiction and Mental Health diploma, or diploma/degree in a relevant field
· One (1) year direct or two (2) years related work experience
· Knowledge and experience working with children and youth requiring mental health or behavioural services
· Previous experience working within a live-in treatment service would be an asset
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work within a team
· Excellent computer skills and proficiency in a variety of software packages
· Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety, with a willingness to contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for clients and their families/caregivers, colleagues, other community members and yourself
· Demonstrated ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality
· Current First Aid and CPR Certificates considered an asset
· Certification in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI), or other crisis intervention and de-escalation training, would be considered an asset
· Successful applicants will be required to provide:
o Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
o A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
o Clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1766-22, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com