Website Hands the Family Help Network
JOB POSTING #1674-21
Child and Youth Worker – Live-In Treatment Services
North Bay, ON
HOURS OF WORK:
Full-time contract (35 hours per week) ending March 31, 2022 with possibility of extension
Minimum $22.60 to maximum $28.23 per hour
Salary commensurate with education and experience
August 3, 2021
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an organization dedicated to helping children, youth, adults, and families achieve the best possible care and help they need when they need it the most. Our team provides services to more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide professional services in the areas of: adult developmental services, autism, child development, child and youth mental health, justice services and navigation supports.
The Child and Youth Worker (CYW) implements Treatment Plan recommendations by providing direct mental health services to clients engaged in live-in treatment services. Support may be provided to a client and their family before, during and following live-in treatment, based on site requirements, and in a variety of environments, including home, school, and community settings. The CYW team provides a stable environment to help youth learn natural and logical consequences and build healthy relationships. They are active participants in creating a safe and healthy environment for clients, colleagues, and community. They are responsible for supporting general home management, including housekeeping, grocery acquisition, meal planning and preparation.
· Child and Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Recreation Therapy, Community and Justice Services, or Addiction and Mental Health diploma;
· One (1) year direct or two (2) years related work experience;
· Knowledge and experience working with children/adolescents and their mental health issues;
· Knowledge and experience with child management techniques;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work within a team;
· Outdoors and recreation experience an asset;
· Current First Aid and CPR Certificates considered an asset;
· Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training would be considered an asset;
· Excellent computer skills and proficiency in a variety of software packages;
· Actively demonstrate an ongoing commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, clients and their families, visitors and volunteers;
· Contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for all in the organization;
· Demonstrate ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality;
· Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada prior to commencing work;
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates;
· A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle;
· Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1674-21, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org