Website Hands the Family Help Network
JOB POSTING #1683-21
Child and Youth Worker
Parry Sound, ON
HOURS OF WORK:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
Minimum $22.60 to maximum $28.23 per hour
Salary commensurate with education and experience
September 15, 2021 – noon
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an organization dedicated to helping children, youth, adults, and families achieve the best possible care and help they need when they need it the most. Our team provides services to more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide professional services in the areas of: adult developmental services, autism, child development, child and youth mental health, justice services and navigation supports.
The Child and Youth Worker (CYW) implements Treatment Plan recommendations by providing direct mental health services to clients and their families in home, school, and community settings.
· Child and Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Recreation Therapy, Community and Justice Services, or Addiction and Mental Health diploma;
· One (1) year direct or two (2) years related work experience;
· Knowledge and experience working with children/adolescents and their mental health issues;
· Knowledge and experience with child management techniques;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work within a team;
· Current First Aid and CPR Certificates considered an asset;
· Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training would be considered an asset;
· Excellent computer skills and proficiency in a variety of software packages;
· Regular day travel required;
· Flexible work hours (early mornings/evenings/weekends) and work locations/environments within the region;
· Actively demonstrate an ongoing commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, clients and their families, visitors and volunteers;
· Contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for all in the organization;
· Demonstrate ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality;
· Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada prior to commencing work;
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates;
· A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle;
· Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1683-21, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org