Website Hands the Family Help Network
JOB POSTING #1681-21
Child and Family Therapist (Psychotherapist and/or RSW)
HOURS OF WORK:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
Minimum $31.09 to maximum $38.96 per hour; salary commensurate with education and experience
September 7, 2021 – noon
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an organization dedicated to helping children, youth, adults, and families achieve the best possible care and help they need when they need it the most. Our team provides services to more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide professional services in the areas of: adult developmental services, autism, child development, child and youth mental health, justice services and navigation supports.
The Child and Family Therapist (CFT) provides core mental health treatment services and supports to children, youth and families, primarily with moderate to severe mental health concerns. We are seeking a team player who can provide walk-in single session client consultation, short and long-term counselling, and crisis intervention across environments, and is comfortable with traditional and technology-supported therapy modalities. The CFT assures that the family voice is integral to service and provides leadership in collaborating with community agencies and referral sources throughout the client’s course of treatment.
· Master’s degree in a program with courses relevant to counseling, family therapy, psychotherapy; and Registered Social Worker or Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) with at least one (1) year direct experience or two (2) years related experience;
· A Bachelor of Social Work degree with registration with the OCSWSSW and nearing completion of a relevant Master’s degree will be considered with a minimum of 5 years of related experience;
· Experience assessing and implementing therapy with children, adolescents, families and groups;
· Knowledge and experience in assessment and treatment best practices including approaches in CBT and DBT; Family Therapy, Systems Theory, Brief Intervention Models and Crisis Intervention;
· Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
· Demonstrated ability to use a variety of computer software;
· Subject to evening and weekend work as well as flexible work location/environment (i.e. schools, homes, daycare centres);
· Actively demonstrate an ongoing commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, clients and their families, visitors and volunteers;
· Contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for all in the organization;
· Demonstrate ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality;
· Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada prior to commencing work;
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates;
· A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle;
· Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1681-21, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com