Website Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca
JOB POSTING #1785-23
HOURS OF WORK:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
The Senior Therapist may be required to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Bracebridge or Parry Sound, ON
The Senior Therapist may travel within the region and be required to work in a variety of environments (e.g.: center-based, school, home, day care) depending on the child/families’ needs.
Minimum $29.68 to maximum $37.19 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
January 27, 2023 – noon
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an organization working to create a better day today and tomorrow for our clients, families, and communities. We are dedicated to improving the life experiences of families, children, youth and adults with mental health concerns or a developmental disability, by providing them with help and support in facing and working through social, emotional, behavioural, physical, and developmental difficulties.
Our professional team helps more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, Timmins, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide quality clinical, navigation and professional support in the areas of autism, behavioural, developmental, mental health, and rehabilitative services.
The Senior Therapist, reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, implements behavioural programs and supervises Developmental Behaviour Technicians in their delivery of behavioural supports and services, for children in the Hand’s Developmental Services for Children Program. S/he collaborates with family members, daycare staff, school representatives and community partners to best support the individual needs of child, youth, and family. The Senior Therapist also ensures compliance with Ministry standards.
· Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Human Services and Board-Certified Assistant Behaviour Analyst (BCaBA)
· Two (2) years direct behavioural work experience and one (1) year leadership/supervisory experience
· Knowledge and understanding of children and youth with developmental and/or intellectual delays
· Knowledge of behaviour communication development/programming, and the principles of applied behaviour analysis
· Team leadership, clinical supervision, and case coordination experience
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
· Proficiency in the use of computers and a variety of software packages
· Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety, with a willingness to contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for clients and their families/caregivers, colleagues, other community members and yourself
· Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information and situations
· Successful applicants will be required to provide:
o Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
o A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
o Clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1785-23, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com