Website Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca
JOB POSTING #1752-22-2
Child and Family Therapist – Concurrent Disorders
North Bay, ON
HOURS OF WORK:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
Minimum $31.09 to maximum $38.96 per hour; salary commensurate with education and experience
This posting will remain open until the position has been filled
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is working to create a better day today and tomorrow for our clients, families, and communities. We are dedicated to improving the life experiences of families, children, youth and adults with mental health concerns or a developmental disability, by providing them with help and support in facing and working through social, emotional, behavioural, physical, and developmental difficulties.
Our professional team helps more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, Timmins, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide quality clinical, navigation and professional support in the areas of autism, behavioural, developmental, mental health, and rehabilitative services.
The Child and Family Therapist (CFT) – Concurrent Disorders provides assessment intervention and treatment services to children and youth with concurrent mental health and substance use concerns. They provide client-centered services, and work directly with both clients, as well with client families and caregivers. The CFT- Concurrent Disorders works in partnership with community agencies, playing a key role in supporting of clients with substance use concerns and creating connections to specialized resources and treatment services.
· Master’s degree in a program with courses relevant to mental health, counseling, family therapy, psychotherapy; and Registered Social Worker, Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) with at least one (1) year direct experience or two (2) years related experience
· OR Undergraduate degree in a program with courses relevant to mental health, counseling, family therapy, psychotherapy; and Registered Social Worker, Nurse, Occupational Therapist, or Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and minimum three (3) years direct experience in counselling and treatment or five (5) years related experience
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Child and Family Services Act, and Health Care Consent Act
- Advanced crisis intervention, assessment, and care planning skills
- ASIST Suicide Prevention Training, TCI or other de-escalation training, and Addictions training will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with the use of standardized tools and measuring outcomes for client care.
- Experience implementing therapy with children, adolescents, families/caregivers and groups including to CBT-T, DBT, Brief Intervention Models, Motivational Interviewing, and Concurrent Disorders from a trauma informed lens.
· Strong ability to navigate community partnerships and connect children, youth, and families to regional services within a continuum of care
· Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
· Demonstrated ability to use a variety of computer software
- Actively demonstrate an ongoing commitment to health and safety
Contributes and provides leadership in promoting a culture of safety and preventing of adverse health events for all in the organization
· Demonstrated ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality
· Successful applicants will be required to provide:
o Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
o A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
o Clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1752-22-2, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com