Website Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca
JOB POSTING #1845-23
Great Beginnings Assistant
HOURS OF WORK:
Part-time contract (9 hours per week) ending June 30, 2024 with possibility of extension
Parry Sound, ON
Minimum $18.76 to maximum $22.82 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience
This posting will remain open until the position has been filled
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an organization working to create a better day today and tomorrow for our clients, families, and communities. We are dedicated to improving the life experiences of families, children, youth and adults with mental health concerns or a developmental disability, by providing them with help and support in facing and working through social, emotional, behavioural, physical, and developmental difficulties.
Our professional team helps more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, Timmins, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide quality clinical, navigation and professional support in the areas of autism, behavioural, developmental, mental health, and rehabilitative services.
The Great Beginnings Assistant will assist the Great Beginnings Coordinator (Coordinator) to facilitate and implement community-based programming for pregnant women and parents of young children, in alignment with Agency and Public Health guidelines, to address the needs of participants and the community. The Great Beginnings Assistant supports the Coordinator to provide parental education, promote positive parent-child interactions and support food and nutrition education and preparation.
- High school diploma
- Minimum six (6) months of related work experience
- Experience working with children, families, and vulnerable populations in a group setting is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and establish trust
- Knowledge of relevant resources, services, and funding available to clients is preferred
- Proficient software skills using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety, with a willingness to contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for clients and their families/caregivers, colleagues, other community members and yourself
- Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information and situations
- Successful applicants will be required to provide:
o Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
o A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
o Clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1845-23, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com