Yorktown Family Services
Job Title: Manager of Mental Health
Position: Full Time Permanent – (35hrs/week)
Salary Range: TBD-Salary commensurate with experience
Start: May, 2022
Location: Virtual and Primary Health Care locations in West Toronto, 2010 Eglinton Avenue West & Youth Hub (1541 Jane St.)
Yorktown Family Services (YFS) is a fully accredited community service agency comprised of an infant, child, and youth mental health centre; a women’s shelter and community-based violence against women services; and an integrated services site offering rapid access to multiple mental health, primary health, and social service programs for youth and young adults. For over 25 years Yorktown has been providing immediate access to a wide range of services in Toronto’s most vulnerable communities to support and equip women, children, youth, young adults and families to create positive change in their lives.
We are seeking a skilled individual to manage our Infant, Child, Youth, Young Adult therapy programs. This is a highly collaborative role, interacting at all levels within the agency to optimize outcomes across all program areas and departments. We are looking for a candidate that is ambitious, career focused, and is preparing for a senior leadership role in the future.
- Oversee direct therapy programs including mental health walk-in clinics and rapid virtual service
- Complete program reviews, work with funders, and complete funding reports
- Host clinical meetings and client care review meeting
- Oversee a team of therapists
- Review and approve clinical reports, client electronic record documentation, and other related administrative tasks related to therapy at Yorktown Family Services
- Represent Yorktown at relevant tables both internal and external
- Participate in Direct Service Managers Meetings and all other management meetings
- Ensure that services are in compliance with relevant legislation and external and internal policies and procedures; and that service targets are met and administrative tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Collaborate with the management team to oversee staff development regarding groups or initiatives related to the therapy team
- Supervise direct service staff who provide parenting/caregiving programs, early years services, school-based group programs and initiatives
- Ensure supervision, training and professional development of the assigned staff through performing regular (both probationary and annual) performance reviews of staff and written appraisals for review by the Director of Mental Health
- Collaborate with community partners in the planning and coordination of partnership programs
- As an active member of the Management Team, take an active role in all relevant management tasks such as participate in promoting, implementing and evaluating Yorktown’s Strategic Directions, annual service planning, accreditation and ongoing planning and review of the Yorktown’s operations
- Establishes and maintain tracking and monitoring system for quality improvement activities
- Leadership role in liaising with research and quality improvement consultants
- Support with on call responsibilities with our walk-in clinics and Rapid Virtual Services
- Be able to provide in-person management coverage at 2010 Eglinton and The West Toronto Youth Hub when required
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Graduate of an accredited Master’s level program in Social Work or related field, or equivalent Master’s level, with five years of related management experience
- Membership with a professional college of social workers or related field
- Proven experience in organizational management and supervision, preferably in a unionized setting
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational and leadership skills
- Knowledge of and experience in prevention and intervention methods including group models and individual therapy models including (e.g. Psycho-educational, Solution-Focused, CBT, DBT, TF-CBT, Family Systems Therapy)
- Experience working with BIPOC communities in Toronto
- Understanding of trauma both at a systemic, community, and individual level
- Understands anti-black racism and anti-oppressive frameworks and implementation within clinical practice
- Clinical background Infant, Child, Youth, and Young Adult mental health a definite asset
- Experience in managing programs, monitoring targets and budgets
- Commitment to effective outcomes, best practices, evidence-informed and/or based services and continuous quality improvement
- Able to critical think and have awareness of emotional intelligence
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Knowledge of and familiarity with research, program evaluation and screening, outcome and client experience measurement tools
- Knowledge of funding priorities and experience in reporting to funders as required
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships within and across an organization and with community partners
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse and inter-disciplinary work environment
- Current (6 months or less) Vulnerable Sector Search an asset
Reports to: Director of Infant, Child, and Youth Mental Health
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 416-394-2689 by May 25, 2022 . Please quote “Competition #: 2022-05 & Job Title Manager of Mental Health Services” in the subject line.
YFS is committed to the Health & Safety of its employees, clients and volunteers and adheres to regulations as set out by the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Government of Ontario and Public Health Toronto. To reduce the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace, all personnel are required to present a COVID-19 vaccine receipt approved by Health Canada prior to hire. Alternatively, for those who choose not to be vaccinated, upon hire, the individual must be willing to present a Medical Exemption Form or complete an Educational Session on the benefits of the COVID-19 vaccine and undergo Rapid Antigen-Testing on a regular basis as deemed necessary by YFS to be eligible.
Yorktown Family Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Yorktown values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to equity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit yorktownfamilyservices.com.