Website Strides Toronto
Strides Toronto is a multi-service agency providing a wide range of exceptional programs and services that improve the mental, social and physical health of infants, children and youth from the pre-natal stage to age 29, and their families. With a range of community, residential and treatment services our work helps to strengthen social and emotional well-being so that young people develop abilities and skills to reach their full potential. We provide individual, group and family interventions that include mental health counselling, autism services, education, outreach and referral, early intervention, day treatment and community support. To learn more about who we are and what we do, visit our website at www.stridestoronto.ca.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Executive Assistant (EA) to the CEO is a full-time permanent position that develops and implements systems that ensure the smooth operation of the Chief Executive Officer’s office including the timely preparation and follow-up to the work of the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team. The EA applies a customer service orientation in all aspects of the work and provides a broad range of advanced administrative and support services. The position includes responsibility to provide leadership and coordination of various public relations activities and maintaining centralized agency master files.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- We provide opportunities for growth and professional development.
- We have a diverse and inclusive work environment with staff who speak multiple languages.
- We are committed to providing an equitable and inclusive environment where our team members and clients can thrive.
- We set high standards for performance, client outcomes, and implement best practices, which are demonstrated through our accreditation with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide support to the CEO and Board to ensure the smooth operation of the organization.
- Liaise with CEO, board president, board committee chairs and board members as required to coordinate various board and committee activities; prepare and arrange correspondence and the signing of Strides documents.
- Facilitate the smooth preparation and execution of documents and meetings. Serve as a representative of the CEO to clients and board members.
- Maintains master files of board and board committee information which include CEO’s files, minutes, correspondence, by-laws, membership information and highly confidential in-camera documents.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the CEO’s schedule/calendar and prioritize meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO; create, collaborate, compile documents, word process and manage confidential material for Strides Toronto.
- Lead and coordinate special projects and events under the direction of the CEO including board retreats, board socials, board education events, annual general meetings, staff appreciation events and “all staff” meetings including coordinating staff and volunteer support of these events.
- Maintain fundraising activity records and coordinate donor engagement.
- Create draft documents where necessary, collaborate with team members, compile reports or data, schedule meetings.
THE “MUST HAVES”
The following education, professional memberships and knowledge are a requirement for this role:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma with at least five years’ experience in a senior or executive administrative role
- Demonstrated proficiency in terms of computer knowledge and ability to operate computers and related technology utilizing the more advanced features of applications including Word,
- Excel, PowerPoint, databases, Publisher, Adobe and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to easily learn other computer applications and software.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Good problem-solving, decision-making skills and sound judgement are required to address issues that reach the office of the executive director.
- Sound judgement and discretion, and a sensitivity to staff and donor needs, are essential in dealing with confidential information.
- Excellent keyboarding and document formatting skills.
- Strong mathematical abilities plus a keen attention to detail are necessary
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a car is required.
- Awareness of the role of diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and within the community being served by the position.
- An understanding of Anti-Black Racism, anti-oppressive/anti-racism perspective in the context of the social determinants of health when working with clients and their families.
THE ‘NICE TO HAVES’
While not required, preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience working with a non-profit board of directors and awareness of governance matters
- Prior experience in event coordination
- Ability to take clear, concise meeting minutes recording decisions.
- Knowledge of the cultural diversity of communities served by the agency.
- Fluency in another language(s), including sign language.
BEFORE STARTING WITH US
As our work puts us in direct contact with youth and vulnerable persons in our community, with health and safety as a priority, the successful candidate must complete or obtain the following before commencement of their employment:
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 or have received an exemption from the organization’s policy.
- A Vulnerable Sector police check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your demonstrated education, certification (if applicable), working and related volunteer experience and how you meet specific requirements for this position, and any additional considerations you deem appropriate. The application deadline is April 30, 2022.
Strides Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We benefit from diversity of lived experiences in the workplace and encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the range of cultures represented in the communities we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Strides Toronto’s own policies, requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit stridestoronto.ca.