Website Strides Toronto
Strides Toronto is a multi-service agency providing a wide range of exceptional programs and services that improve the mental, social, and physical health of infants, children, and youth from the pre-natal stage to age 29, and their families. With a range of community, residential and treatment services our work helps to strengthen social and emotional well-being, for culturally diverse clients to move forward through adversity and develop abilities and skills to reach their full potential. We provide individual, group and family interventions that include mental health counselling, autism services, education, outreach and referral, early intervention, day treatment and community support. To learn more about who we are and what we do, visit our website at www.stridestoronto.ca.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Helpdesk Administrator is a full-time permanent position that ensures all staff and programs have the necessary technology devices to carry-out the job and/or program functions. They also provide timely response and resolution to I.T. support requests submitted through the Helpdesk ticketing system to minimize disruption to the end-users and support Organization-wide productivity.
Benefits: Competitive Group Health Benefits, Retirement Savings Plan.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- We provide opportunities for growth and professional development.
- We have a diverse and inclusive work environment with staff who speak multiple languages and dialects.
- We are committed to providing an equitable and inclusive environment where our team members and clients can thrive.
- We set high standards for performance, client outcomes, and implement best practices, which are demonstrated through our accreditation with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Receive, document, prioritize and action incoming Helpdesk support requests to ensure the appropriate action is taken to resolve issues in a timely manner and minimize productivity disruptions or client service experience.
- Ensure all issues identified are resolved in accordance with the Strides’ Service Level Agreements.
- Provide technology, device and user account support to staff and programs to ensure that all hardware and desktop applications are functioning optimally to aid in the end user’s productivity and support the client experience.
- Configure devices for new and existing staff as required or requested for the position to ensure timely access to the necessary systems and/or applications to mitigate delays in staff on-boarding or productivity.
- Maintain I.T. inventory through the Asset Management application to ensure assets are being reported accurately.
THE “MUST HAVES”
The following education, professional memberships and knowledge are a requirement for this role:
- Completion of College or University Program in a computer related field
- Knowledge of Applications: Office 365, Adobe, Zoom, other office productivity tools
- Knowledge and experience working with a variety of devices: Desktops/Laptops, iPads/Tablets, iPhones, other hardware
- Awareness of the role of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and within the community being served by the position.
- An understanding of Anti-Black Racism, anti-oppressive/anti-racism perspective in the context of the social determinants of health when working with clients and their families.
- Ability to recognize and identify situations where incidents of and imbalance of power and privilege may occur and can result in possible negative impacts for the client.
THE ‘NICE TO HAVES’
While not required, preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Knowledge of the cultural diversity of communities served by the agency.
- Fluency in another language(s), including sign language.
BEFORE STARTING WITH US
As our work puts us in direct contact with youth and vulnerable persons in our community, with health and safety as a priority, the successful candidate must complete or obtain the following before commencement of their employment:
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 or have received an exemption from the organization’s policy.
- A Vulnerable Sector police check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your demonstrated education, certification (if applicable), working and related volunteer experience and how you meet specific requirements for this position, and any additional considerations you deem appropriate. The application deadline is May 17, 2022.
Strides Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We benefit from diversity of lived experiences in the workplace and encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the range of cultures represented in the communities we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Strides Toronto’s own policies, requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit stridestoronto.ca.