Website Strides Toronto
Strides Toronto is a multi-service agency providing a wide range of exceptional programs and services that improve the mental, social, and physical health of infants, children, and youth from the pre-natal stage to age 29, and their families. With a range of community, residential and treatment services our work helps to strengthen social and emotional well-being, for culturally diverse clients to move forward through adversity and develop abilities and skills to reach their full potential. We provide individual, group and family interventions that include mental health counselling, autism services, education, outreach and referral, early intervention, day treatment and community support. To learn more about who we are and what we do, visit our website at www.stridestoronto.ca.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Intake Worker (Autism) is a full-time permanent position responsible for responding to potential clients and referral sources and coordinating the referral and intake phase of autism treatment services. Responsibilities include screening, initial information gathering and assessment, service coordination, consultation, brief family work and referral to internal and external services.
Salary range: $54,926 to $63,962 per annum.
Benefits: Competitive Group Health Benefits, Retirement Savings Plan.
Other: This role is a part of the OPSEU Local 567 bargaining unit.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- We provide opportunities for growth and professional development.
- We have a diverse and inclusive work environment with staff who speak multiple languages and dialects.
- We are committed to providing an equitable and inclusive environment where our team members and clients can thrive.
- We set high standards for performance, client outcomes, and implement best practices, which are demonstrated through our accreditation with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure the timely assessment of the client and family needs and provide connection to relevant treatment, programs and services.
- Collect demographic information.
- Collaborate and consult with multi-disciplinary team when needed.
- Ensure the data systems are accurate and maintained to allow the effective treatment and ministry reporting; Service recommendation and /or provision for the clients and the family.
- Disseminate education to clients, families, community agencies, partners on the various autism services, as well as program and services to assist parents/caregivers to cope with diagnosis.
Provide families with information and resources in a timely manner.
- Maintain a positive working environment, contributes to agency mission and statement, and follows the agency culture and procedures.
THE “MUST HAVES”
The following education, professional memberships and knowledge are a requirement for this role:
- University degree in Social Work, Psychology or Developmental Services.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in Service Co-ordination.
- Knowledge of Family system theory.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Knowledge of Principles of Adult Education.
- Knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Knowledge of Policies and Procedures – Custodial rights, confidentiality and consent.
- Knowledge of Service Flow Directions.
- Awareness of the role of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and within the community being served by the position.
- An understanding of Anti-Black Racism, anti-oppressive/anti-racism perspective in the context of the social determinants of health when working with clients and their families.
- Ability to recognize and identify situations where incidents of and imbalance of power and privilege may occur and can result in possible negative impacts for the client.
THE ‘NICE TO HAVES’
While not required, preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Knowledge of the cultural diversity of communities served by the agency.
- Fluency in another language(s), including sign language.
BEFORE STARTING WITH US
As our work puts us in direct contact with youth and vulnerable persons in our community, with health and safety as a priority, the successful candidate must complete or obtain the following before commencement of their employment:
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 or have received an exemption from the organization’s policy.
- A Vulnerable Sector police check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your demonstrated education, certification (if applicable), working and related volunteer experience and how you meet specific requirements for this position, and any additional considerations you deem appropriate. The application deadline is June 17, 2022.
Strides Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We benefit from diversity of lived experiences in the workplace and encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the range of cultures represented in the communities we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Strides Toronto’s own policies, requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org