This role provides leadership and oversite to the operations, system supports and capacity building functions of the Provincial Virtual Walk-In program within the established Ministry service description. Oversees several related projects and partnerships and provide day-to-day leadership and supervision to the program Navigators, Project Management, Technology Lead and occasional summer student staff and volunteers.
This is a permanent full-time role.
Strides Toronto is a multi-service agency providing services to young people from birth to age 29 and their families in East Toronto. Formed in January 2020 through the amalgamation of Aisling Discoveries and East Metro Youth Services, Strides Toronto provides a range of community, residential and treatment services to improve the mental, social, and physical health of infants, children, youth and their families. We provide individual, group and family interventions that include mental health counselling, autism services, education, outreach and referral, early intervention, day treatment and community support.
As Lead Agency for infant, child and youth mental health in Toronto, Strides Toronto works with 25 core service providers to design and implement system-level improvements that transform access to services, experience of services and the mental health outcomes for Toronto’s diverse communities.
Strides Toronto has a budget of $30 million and more than 350 employees providing services out of 19 locations across East Toronto. The organization Is accredited by the Centre for Accreditation and the predecessor organizations have a long history of providing high-quality services in East Toronto.
Why work with us?
Be part of a long history of leadership and evidence informed practice in child, youth and family service.
Join a skilled and dedicated team who are passionate about achieving our vision of an inclusive and supportive community where children, youth and their families thrive.
Experience opportunities for growth and professional development.
Be committed to creating a positive and rewarding work environment.
Share an organizational culture of on-going learning and quality improvement.
Bring high standards for performance and implementation of best practices and demonstrated through our accreditation with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation
Expect a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Join a diverse and inclusive work environment with staff who speak more than 23 languages.
What will you do?
· Develop strategic priorities for the program, workplan, work processes and evaluation framework. Clarify operational objectives in alignment with strategic goals.
· Manage the program budget, oversee expenditures, and manage financial processes.
· Plan, monitor, and execute program related projects.
· Represent the program publicly at educational/promotional, partnership development and stakeholder engagement opportunities
· Develop educational materials, opportunities and workshops.
· Oversee the program’s external expansion plans/goals.
· Conduct trainings, orientation, database supports, and other program activities as needed.
· Deliver promotional and partnership content to new or potential Core Service Provider partners.
· Oversee the expansion plans for the program, develop materials, agendas, content and meeting opportunities.
· Communicate with partners, responding to questions and requests.
· Oversee management of the programs internal budget.
· Screen, interview, and conduct reference checks for program staff, Summer Students, and volunteers.
· Assign tasks and projects, and collaboratively develop workplans and priorities.
· Prepare and conduct semi-annual and annual performance reviews including setting goals, monitoring, and evaluating job performance goals.
· Provide technical advice and assistance to staff to enhance skills and knowledge related to job roles and responsibilities
· Organizes the work of the team to meet goals and objectives.
· Provide program leadership in the development and implementation and ongoing support for a program partnership framework
· Contribute as part of the management team to organizational development and planning, and to the activities and priorities of the Lead Agency Team.
What are we looking for?
· University degree (Master’s level preferred) in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Social Work, Community Development or related field.
· Minimum 5 years program management experience.
· Superior strategic thinking and analytical skills and judgment.
· Strong understanding of program data and database management processes and practices.
· Strong financial management and procurement skills.
· Highly developed communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
· Very strong interpersonal skills, adept at relationship building, influence, and persuasion, and demonstrated political acumen.
· Excellent capacity to work with multi-stakeholder groups from the corporate, public or not for profit sectors, as well as internal constituents across multiple business functions.
· Demonstrated experience leading and motivating, staff, volunteers and partners.
· Prior experience in the not-for-profit sector
· Strong understanding of government and Transfer Payment Agency relationships and reporting requirements and processes.
· Familiarity with the youth serving sector in Ontario, including systems, services and major initiatives, challenges and innovative solutions
· Knowledge of community-based child & youth mental health sector and high-level understanding of clinical mental health services.
· Ability to work effectively in an inclusive and collaborative team environment
· Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check is required.
Fluency in another language(s).
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your experience and how you meet the requirements for this position. The application deadline is September 30, 2021.
Strides Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Strides Toronto’s own policies, requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit stridestoronto.ca.