Website Associated Youth Services Of Peel
Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP) is an accredited, not-for-profit charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and/or youth justice issues. AYSP’s team of professionals bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development. AYSP provides a client-centered, strength-based approach to engage in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners, using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
We are currently seeking Counsellors to join the following programs:
- Family Connections
- Halton/Peel Counselling Program
- Parent Adolescent & Child Counselling Program (PACC-P)
- Reaching Adolescents in Need (RAIN)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Youth Beyond Barriers (YBB)
- Working Together with Families, 0-6 (WTWF, 0-6)
Job Type: Permanent Full-time and Temporary Full-time
Location: Head office in Peel Region. Some programs require travel within Peel Region. The Halton/Peel Counselling Program requires work from other office locations in Halton and Peel Regions.
Union Affiliation: OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
- Provide in person and/or virtual counselling services (in person may be office-based, home-based and/or in the community)
- Develop and deliver treatment and/or service plans in conjunction with the client, and at times their parents/caregivers, based upon a comprehensive, strength-based ecological assessment
- Maintain professional documentation in the form of assessments, case notes, discharge summaries and statistical information
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with partner agencies and other service providers
- Participate in weekly or bi-weekly peer supervision and monthly individual clinical supervision
- Work flexible hours related to the needs of the clients, evening work will be required
- May transport clients in own vehicle, as required by specific program
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Social Work or related undergraduate degree; Master of Social Work is considered an asset
- Registration within the professional regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) in good standing is required
- Minimum two years’ experience working with children youth and families with mental health needs
- Knowledge of and experience in clinical modalities, including: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Family Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Trauma- informed Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Crisis Intervention, Mindfulness, and Behaviour Therapy Assessment, goal formulation and treatment planning skills, utilizing a goal-focused, strength-based approach
- Knowledge of services available within the child and youth, and adult mental health systems in Peel, and experience in collaborating and advocating on behalf of children, youth and their families
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a Class G Ontario Driver’s License is a requirement for specific programs
- Fluency in French or a language other than English is considered an asset
Salary Range: $47,395 – $56,668
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- Flexible work schedule
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision provided
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with these qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. These positions will be posted until March 3, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
To apply for this job please visit secure.collage.co.