York Hills Centre for Children, Youth and Families
Front Door Service Specialist
Community Clinical Programs
Summer Student Position – 3-month contract
The Front Door Service Specialist will be part of a team providing initial screening and service planning for children, and youth up the age of 18, and their families referred for service at York Hills. This initial clinical screening assessment and decision-making will focus on the family’s eligibility for service and services best suited to the client’s needs. The Front Door Service Specialists respond to all referrals made to York Hills through telephone consultation, and may engage in outreach and consultation with referral sources. The Front Door Service Specialist will monitor and track all referrals, engage in warm transfers where appropriate, and will assume responsibility for all designated pre-admission administrative duties for all referrals.
The Hybrid Work Plan developed for this role presently requires this position to work in a combination of work from home and work on site with equipment provided by York Hills. The successful candidate will work primarily in our Aurora Office, located 402 Bloomington Rd., Aurora ON, with flexibility to work from home. This position at times requires travel within York Region client visits, training or meetings.
Here is what you will need:
• CYW diploma, Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW), Counselling Psychology (or equivalent), and registration with an appropriate governing body (i.e. CRPO, OCSWSSW) with at least 2 years of experience in a children’s mental health setting.
• Experience working with children, youth and their families struggling to manage when the effects of depression, anxiety, strained social relationships, self-injurious behaviour, trauma, psychiatric diagnoses, attentional and learning disabilities, and difficult family dynamics interfere with their ability to function as they wish at home, school or in the community.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who has:
• Prior experience working in screening, service planning and providing front door services is an asset.
• Knowledge of community and agency programs in York Region including transitional age youth and adult services.
• Demonstrated sound judgment related to the development of collaborative approaches working with children, youth and their families; including high-risk circumstances and safety planning. • Ability to meet the needs of a diverse client base, through knowledge of and application of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), trauma-informed, anti-oppressive, anti-racist and cultural competency practices.
• Experience facilitating groups and webinars/workshops.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment exercising professional judgement in conflictual and stressful situations.
• Sound writing skills and ability to complete documentation in a timely manner.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• Ability to identify learning needs and seek consultation and support through supervision.
• Demonstrated computer literacy and familiarity with computer technology.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule, that includes two evenings/week up to 8pm to accommodate the children/youth and families we serve.
• Must be fluent in English, speaking, writing and reading. Fluency in other languages such as: Spanish, Mandarin, Somali, Cantonese, Panjabi (Punjabi), Farsi, Urdu, Tagalog (Pilipino, Filipino) Tamil, Amharic, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili (Swahili) and all other languages is an asset.
• Access to a reliable vehicle and ability to travel to other community-based settings as needed.
The successful candidate will have a valid driver’s license, $2 million vehicle liability insurance and a vulnerable sector screening.
York Hills is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We encourage you to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to this role within your application.
York Hills is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace. We believe in a cultivating a selection process and employment environment without discrimination or harassment, that is inclusive and barrier free.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance and we will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
APPLY TODAY Recruitment (adp.com)
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com