Lumenus Community Services
POSITION: Instructor Therapist
OPEN POSITIONS: 2
LOCATION: Hartsdale site (Etobicoke, ON)
POSITION TYPE: Full-time Regular (37.5 hours/week)
POSTING CLOSING DATE: July 4, 2022
Lumenus is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.
Lumenus believes that immunization against COVID-19 is an individual and societal responsibility and that we must do everything possible to protect our clients, families, employees, students, volunteers and contractors against the spread of COVID-19. As a condition of employment, proof of full vaccination or exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code must be submitted to Human Resources seven (7) calendar days prior to start date.
As part of a community agency team, the Instructor Therapist works directly with children and youth with autism in the provision of intensive services.
Lumenus Community Services is a dynamic and growing agency. We offer a competitive salary, attractive benefits package and RRSP, ongoing training and career development opportunities!
• Prepare and organize the teaching environment and materials
• Review available information pertaining to children on caseload on a regular basis
• Participate in intake and assessment activities as appropriate
• Provide Intensive Behavioural Intervention on a one-to-one or in a group setting as per expectations set by Provincial guidelines and clinical standards;
• Develop an appropriate therapeutic relationship with the child;
• Prepare and implement daily activities as per the child(ren)’s Clinical Program(s);
• Monitor and record the child(ren)’s progress using program approved data collection methods and forms
• Follow prescribed programs as written and seeks consultation as needed
• Utilize sound clinical judgment
• Assess individual children’s skills, abilities, interests, strengths and needs
• Collect data and evaluate children’s progress toward program goals
• Prepare written documentation regarding children’s plans and progress as required
• Collaborate with other team members in the development of Behavioural Intervention programs and procedures
• Consult with other team members and professionals as required
• Maintain regular communications with parents and family members as required
• Participate in scheduled team meetings and conferences as required
• Present information (both written and oral) sensitively and effectively
• Collaborate with Manager regarding programming and child’s progress
• Work within a multidisciplinary team
• Diploma/Degree in Behavioural Science Technology or related field
• If applicable, successful completion of the mandatory/required training
• Knowledge of childhood development and developmental disabilities, particularly Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Two years’ experience with children with developmental disabilities, particularly Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Knowledge of IBI and ABA
• Strong Communication Skills (both written and verbal)
• Program planning and implementation
• Accurate data collection and graphing
• Organization and time management
• Behaviour management of children
• Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of early childhood development and neurodevelopment variation
• Understanding of child welfare issues and policies
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural issues
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and excel
• Knowledge of Boardmaker is an asset
• Knowledge of Augmentative Devices is an asset
• Satisfactory clearance under the Criminal Reference Check
• Availability to work evenings and weekends, if required
• Access to reliable transportation to travel to various work sites within the GTA, where applicable
TO APPLY: Interested applicants are invited to visit our website at https://lumenus.ca/careers/ and submit their cover letter and resume through our Career Centre on or before July 4, 2022.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
To apply for this job please visit lumenus.ca.