SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health
POSITION: Operations Coordinator
LOCATIONS: Jarvis (primary) and Sheppard Sites
POSITION DETAILS: 1.0 FTE, Regular
The Garry Hurvitz Centre for Community Mental Health at SickKids (GH-CCMH) is a child and youth mental health centre integrated with The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids). GH-CCMH is also a core service provider within the Toronto region of Child and Youth Community Mental Health Providers. As such, the Centre has an ambitious agenda to provide the highest quality evidence-informed care offering a range of services from prevention and early intervention through counselling and therapy, assessment and intensive supports. Services are provided in both in-person and virtual formats. As an employer, the Centre strives to reflect the many diverse cultures and identities represented in the children, youth and families we serve and seeks to provide an inclusive and equitable workplace. We are also connected to the continuum of mental health services for children and youth supported by SickKids: the Brain and Mental Health Program, the SickKids TeleLink Mental Health Program, the SickKids CCMH Learning Institute and our online resources through AboutKidsHealth. Find out more about GH-CCMH.
We are seeking internal and external applicants to fill a full-time regular position as an Operations Coordinator with our Leadership department. The successful incumbent will provide superior administrative support to senior leadership, including Director, Operations and Capital Planning (primary)
Administrative Support Services
- Responsible for administration of the Director of Operations Capital Planning office and other administrative support and schedule management for two other senior managers
- Provides minutes and other administrative support to leadership team meetings including the Back Office Team, back up support for Executive Administrative Coordinator when required, various infrastructure and capital based projects
- Supporting all financial processes. Invoice process; monthly forecasting; project cost tracking; budget tracking
- Assists Director of Operations with various administrative tasks such as preparing presentations, formatting documents, coordinating events, etc
- Monitors internal processes and routines such as key control, coordination of office assignment and the maintenance ticket system and others as assigned.
- Provides operational administrative support by overseeing facility utility and supply accounts
- On site presence (at Jarvis) supporting all facility related administrative functions, supporting reception relief when necessary, working with on site vendors as directed by Manager
- Back up Executive Administrative Coordinator when requirement
- Coordinates and oversees expense reporting within office of Director Operations and Capital Planning
- Coordinates internal communication as needed, including all staff communications from the offices of the three leaders,
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of best practices related to administrative and technological developments
- The Admin Coordinator is a member of the centre’s code response group and as such is required to acquire and maintain First Aid and CPR qualifications at the standard determined by Occupational Health and Safety.
- Complies with the organization’s vision, policies and procedures
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management
- Post-secondary Diploma in Administration and a minimum of 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively liaise with all levels of staff including clients and families to provide information and /or obtain services
- Good problem-solving skills to organize a variety of administrative tasks and activities meeting staff and clients’ needs
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suites (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as ability to use office equipment efficiently (telephone, scanner, photocopier and fax)
- Ability to incorporate values of a culturally competent practice of diversity and inclusiveness in all aspects of work
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Capacity to think ahead, identify and plan for unanticipated risks and to take reasonable initiative and to operate autonomously as appropriate within the role
- Ability to work well under pressure and use sound judgment in assessing difficult situations
- knowledge of financial and maintenance processes
As a health care centre, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our clients, families and our staff. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon proof of full vaccination with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date. Should there be an exemption of vaccination based on a medical, or human rights reason, proof will need to be provided, in addition to participation in regular COVID-19 testing based on exposure risk as well as participation in vaccine education. All offers of employment are conditional on meeting these minimum requirements, failure to comply will lead to offer of employment being immediately rescinded.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their resume and cover letter by September 18, 2023
Human Resources – SickKids CCMH
FAX: (416) -633-7141 E-mail: email@example.com
In the subject line of email, please quote the: competition number, position title and where you learned about this opportunity.
GH-CCMH at SickKids is an employer committed to equity and recognizes that excellence in mental health can only exist when diverse experience and perspectives are valued and included. We encourage applications from equity deserving communities, including Indigenous people, people with disabilities, members of racialized groups, and persons of all genders and sexual orientations.
The Centre views diversity, inclusion, and cultural humility as essential pieces of an integrated whole that sustains our organization and enables us to provide exceptional care to each child, youth and family we serve.
We are committed to creating an accessible experience for all candidates; please reach out regarding accommodations at any point during the hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit sickkidscmh.ca.