Website Strides Toronto
Strides Toronto is a multi-service agency providing a wide range of exceptional programs and services that improve the mental, social, and physical health of infants, children, and youth from the pre-natal stage to age 29, and their families. With a range of community, residential and treatment services our work helps to strengthen social and emotional well-being, for culturally diverse clients to move forward through adversity and develop abilities and skills to reach their full potential. We provide individual, group and family interventions that include mental health counselling, autism services, education, outreach and referral, early intervention, day treatment and community support. To learn more about who we are and what we do, visit our website at www.stridestoronto.ca.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Application Specialist role is a full-time 2-year contract position that provides expertise for successful implementation, management and optimization of software and applications. They ensure applications and information align with user needs to provide optimal outcomes for Clinicians, partnering Agencies, clients/stakeholders. This position reports to the Lead Agency.
Benefits: Competitive Group Health Benefits
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- We provide opportunities for growth and professional development.
- We have a diverse and inclusive work environment with staff who speak multiple languages and dialects.
- We are committed to providing an equitable and inclusive environment where our team members and clients can thrive.
- We set high standards for performance, client outcomes, and implement best practices, which are demonstrated through our accreditation with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Act as subject matter expert for the implementation of the technology and system used in the new Provincial Virtual Walk-in, One Stop Talk
- Create the processes and procedures for ongoing partner agency adoption and usage and coordinate with vendor for required maintenance to ensure the system functions optimally post-implementation and to ensure client service experience is not negatively impacted
- Ensure that the programs application is available and functioning optimally.
- Provide ongoing support to staff including access, training and awareness of updates or changes
- Support the development and delivery of training to end-users to utilize the application successfully and independently.
- Create materials that support end-user training and enable use of the applications post-training.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to arrive at optimal organizational application solutions
Support program leadership in establishing KPI’s, monitor application performance, and report on metrics
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in collaboration with management and end users to optimize process, workflow and application usage.
- Coordinate vendor support for pre-launch, Go-Live and post-implementation activities
THE “MUST HAVES”
The following education, professional memberships and knowledge are a requirement for this role:
- Completion of College or University Program in a computer related field
- 5 years of experience in a related field
- Sound knowledge of multi-tier product architecture, SaaS, IaaS, communications protocols, and database concepts and best practices
- Applications: Adobe, Zoom, office productivity tools
- Knowledge of Client Information Systems and guidelines
- Privacy legislation (PHIPA, PIPEDA)
- Awareness of the role of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and within the community being served by the position.
- An understanding of Anti-Black Racism, anti-oppressive/anti-racism perspective in the context of the social determinants of health when working with clients and their families.
- Ability to recognize and identify situations where incidents of and imbalance of power and privilege may occur and can result in possible negative impacts for the client.
THE ‘NICE TO HAVES’
While not required, preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Knowledge of the cultural diversity of communities served by the agency.
- Fluency in another language(s), including sign language.
BEFORE STARTING WITH US
As our work puts us in direct contact with youth and vulnerable persons in our community, with health and safety as a priority, the successful candidate must complete or obtain the following before commencement of their employment:
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 or have received an exemption from the organization’s policy.
- A Vulnerable Sector police check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your demonstrated education, certification (if applicable), working and related volunteer experience and how you meet specific requirements for this position, and any additional considerations you deem appropriate. The application deadline is May 31, 2022.
Strides Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We benefit from diversity of lived experiences in the workplace and encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the range of cultures represented in the communities we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Strides Toronto’s own policies, requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit stridestoronto.ca.