Website Algoma Family Services
The Counsellor will work with individuals, groups, couples, families in a variety of programs and services including: Violence Against Women, Gender Based Violence, Partner Assault Response, Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse, Sexual Offenders and Hard to Serve Offenders, and Employee Assistance Program and other generic counselling services.
· Master Social Work or MA Counselling required
· Current registration and in good standing with regulated professional college (RSW, RP) is required.
· Two years’ clinical experience working in a related field preferred
· Equivalent combinations of training and experience may be considered
Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of treatment interventions compatible with the adult population, with knowledge of brief approaches and longer term psychotherapy.
Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of treatment interventions for treating children, youth and families.
Demonstrated competence in the provision of individual, couple, marital, and group counselling services.
Familiarity with risk assessment, safety planning and theoretical and therapeutic interventions related to family violence.
High level of maturity and interpersonal skills, as well as, demonstrated leadership qualities with competence in making and implementing decisions.
Ability to work cooperatively and negotiate effectively within an interdisciplinary team, across the agency, with collateral agencies/professionals including the medical community at both front-line and systems level.
Thorough knowledge of community resources.
Knowledge of pertinent legislation, such as, The Psychotherapy Act, The Child, Youth and Family Services Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act.
Ability to write clear, concise reports
· Proficiency with computers and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, and data MIS.
· Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License (minimum of Class G2 if over the age of 19, and Class G2 license if 19 and under), ability to travel, and use of a personal vehicle.
· Availability to work flexible hours including evenings and occasional weekends and on-call work may be required.
· Ability to provide services in both official languages (English/French) is an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com