Website Algoma Family Services
Using a strength-based, solution-focused, and family centered approach within the context of anti-oppressive practice, the Counsellor in partnership with the family and other service providers, will assess and treat children and youth who are experiencing social and emotional challenges, as well as, any behavioural difficulties impacting the mental and physical health of the family.
Relocation Assistance is available, $5000 signing incentive as well as first and last month rent.
· Master Social Work or MA Counselling preferred
· Bachelor of Social Work or BA with registration required
· Current registration and in good standing with regulated professional college (RSW, RP) is required.
· Two years’ clinical experience working in a related field preferred
· Equivalent combinations of training and experience may be considered
· Addictions Certificate or experience working with addictions preferred.
· Skill in a variety of cognitive-based, post-crisis intervention, solution-focused and brief therapy techniques with children, youth and families.
· Skill in evidence-informed clinical interventions for children, youth and families.
· Ability to work effectively with children, youth and families in a therapeutic goal-oriented way.
· Thorough knowledge of child, youth and family development (psychological, emotional, physical, social).
· High level of maturity and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated leadership qualities with competence in making and implementing decisions.
· Ability to work cooperatively and negotiate effectively within an interdisciplinary team, across the agency, with collateral agencies/professionals including the medical community at both a front-line and systems level.
· Thorough knowledge of mental health resources.
· Ability to write clear, concise reports.
· Proficiency with computers and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, and data MIS.
· Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s, License ability to travel within the district of Algoma and use of a personal vehicle.
· Availability to work flexible hours including evenings and occasional weekends.
· Ability to provide services in both official languages (English/French) is an asset.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO HUMAN RESOURCES QUOTING
REFERENCE # CCS-1121-01 TO firstname.lastname@example.org .
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com