Associated Youth Services Of Peel
Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP) is an accredited, charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and/or youth justice issues. AYSP’s team of professionals bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development. AYSP provides a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners, using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
We are currently seeking a Counsellor to join our dynamic Reaching Adolescents in Need (RAIN) team. The RAIN Counsellor addresses the needs of youth who are experiencing mental health challenges and are under housed or homeless, disconnected from family, school, and employment and unable to negotiate service from other agencies.
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Head office in Peel Region, with requirements to travel within the Peel Region
Union Affiliation: OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
- Provide outreach-based and/or virtual counselling and case management to youth
- Respond to immediate needs of youth and develop strategies related to basic needs (food, clothing, housing), education, employment and employment readiness, substance use issues, mental health challenges
- Complete assessments, devise goals and implement treatment plans for youth participating in the program
- Develop and maintain strong community partnerships with child and youth services and adult services
- Complete client documentation/reports as per agency policies/professional College requirements
- Participate in bi-weekly clinical peer supervision and monthly individual supervision
- Provide referrals to additional and alternative resources, as necessary
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, evening work will be required
- Regularly transport clients in own vehicle as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Social Work or related undergraduate degree; Master’s degree in Social Work is considered an asset
- Registration within the professional regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario in good standing is required
- Minimum one to two years counselling experience with youth
- Knowledge of the best practices to address the transition from one service system to another and services available within the youth and adult mental health systems in Peel
- Experience in negotiating with other services and advocating on behalf of youth
- Knowledge of adolescent development, youth engagement strategies, case management, family-focused intervention using a goal-focused, strength-based approach, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and a harm reduction approach
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and provide own transportation, with appropriate liability insurance and evidence of coverage for transporting clients
- Fluency in French or other languages is considered an asset
Salary Range: $47,395 – $56,668 yearly
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision provided
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program.
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until September 7, 2022 at 5:00pm.
To apply for this job please visit www.aysp.ca.