Associated Youth Services Of Peel
Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP) is an accredited, charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and/or youth justice issues. AYSP’s team of professionals bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development. AYSP provides a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners, using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
We are currently seeking several Counsellors to join our Triple P, Positive Parenting Program. The Triple P Program, one of the most effective evidence-based parenting programs, gives parents/caregivers simple and practical strategies to help build strong, healthy relationships, confidently manage their children/youth’s behaviour and prevent problems from developing.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Head office in Peel Region; with requirements to travel within the Peel Region
Union Affiliation: OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
- Participate in program specific training and accreditation in the Triple P, Positive Parenting Program
- Conduct home-based and virtual sessions for parents/caregivers of children/youth 0 – 17 yrs. utilizing evidenced based/evidenced informed interventions
- Provide parents/caregivers with individual parenting support and intervention and coaching in developing positive parenting skills and strategies
- Maintain professional documentation in the form of assessments, case notes, discharge summaries and statistical information
- Participate in bi-weekly peer supervision and monthly individual clinical supervision
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with collateral agencies and service providers
- Work flexible hours related to the needs of the clients, evening work will be required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or post-secondary degree in related field
- Registration within the professional regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario in good standing is required
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience working with children, youth and families
- Solid knowledge of child and adolescent development, children’s mental health issues, behaviour modification techniques and family dynamics
- Experience in assessing child and youth behaviour from a strength-based and systemic perspective
- Engagement, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License, in good standing, having access to a vehicle with insurance as per agency policy
- Fluency in French or a language other than English is considered an asset
Salary Range: $47,395 – $56,668 yearly
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision provided
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program.
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until September 7, 2022 at 5:00pm.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org