Associated Youth Services Of Peel
Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP) is an accredited, charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and/or youth justice issues. AYSP’s team of professionals bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development. AYSP provides a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners, using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
We are currently seeking three Counsellors to join our Youth Beyond Barriers (YBB) Team. The YBB program provides counselling and weekly youth groups to youth who identify as 2SLGBTQ+ and their families.
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Head office in Peel Region, with requirements to travel within the Peel Region
Union Affiliation: OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
- Provide in person and/or virtual counselling and community support to 2SLGBTQ+ youth, ages 12-17, and their parents/caregivers
- Facilitate weekly support groups for 2SLGBTQ+ youth and their parents/caregivers
- Develop and maintain strong community partnerships with service providers, networks and coalitions in Peel and assist 2SLGBTQ+ youth in accessing appropriate community services
- Participate in community events and activities related to the 2SLGBTQ+ community and act as a community resource
- Provide community capacity building workshops and training related to the 2SLGBTQ+ issues
- Maintain professional documentation, in the form of assessments, case notes, discharge summaries and statistical information
- Participate in bi-weekly clinical peer supervision and monthly individual supervision
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, evening work will be required
- Transport clients in own vehicle as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Social Work or related undergraduate degree; Master of Social Work considered an asset.
- Registration within the professional regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario in good standing is required.
- Minimum 2 years counselling experience working with youth and families with complex needs
- Significant knowledge of/experience working with 2SLGBTQ+ youth
- Experience in group leadership and facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-need clients utilizing a goal-focused, strength-based approach
- Assessment, goal formulation and treatment planning skills
- Knowledge of and experience in the delivery of clinical interventions, including: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Brief Solution Focused Therapy, trauma- informed therapy, Systems Theory, family therapy, Crisis Intervention
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of nurturing inclusion of diverse racial, cultural, linguistic, sexual, gender, ability and other experiences
Salary Range: $47,395 – $56,668 yearly
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision provided
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program.
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until September 13, 2022 at 5:00pm.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org