Associated Youth Services Of Peel
Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP) is an accredited, charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and/or youth justice issues. AYSP’s team of professionals bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development. AYSP provides a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners, using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
We are currently seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to join our Volunteer program. The Volunteer Coordinator oversees a diverse group of volunteers who are integral in providing support to children, youth and families at AYSP or youth from Probation Services.
Job Type: Permanent (.80)
Location: Head office in Peel Region
Union Affiliation: OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
- Provide office-based and/or virtual supervision and oversite of volunteers supporting a variety of AYSP programs and Probation Services
- Actively promote the utilization of Volunteers within AYSP and Probation Services
- Recruit, train and orient new volunteers as required, and ensure ongoing training needs are addressed
- Develop and maintain strong community partnerships with external community resources
- Maintain professional documentation, volunteer files, client files, statistical information and case notes
- Organize volunteer recognition events and AYSP’s annual Volunteer Appreciation Event
- Work flexible hours related to the needs of the program, evening and periodic weekend work will be required
- Participate in regular supervision
- Travel as required in assigned region
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in related field; training in volunteer management is considered an asset
- Experience managing volunteer programs
- Knowledge of the philosophy of Restorative Justice, the Youth Criminal Justice Act and the Child, Youth and Family Services Act
- Strong presentation, interview and assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License, in good standing, having regular access to a vehicle with insurance as per agency policy
- Fluency in French or other languages is considered an asset
Salary Range: $43,274 – $52,547 (.80 FTE)
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision provided
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program.
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until September 22, 2022 at 5:00pm.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com