York Hills Centre for Children, Youth and Families
York Hills Centre for Children, Youth and Families
Is seeking a full time
Child and Family Therapist
Child and Family therapists provide counselling to children/youth up the age of 18, and their families. Therapists address a range of mental health issues, including emotional, behavioural and/or psychiatric symptoms that may be impacting functioning at home, school, socially or in the community. Intervention strategies are determined following a thorough intake and assessment.
Working as a Child and Family Therapist here’s what you will get to do:
• Be part of a growing dynamic learning focused organization that is family centered and believes in the inherent resilience and strength of children, youth and families.
• Formulate assessment and treatment plans and provide counselling using a range of evidence-based and/or evidence-informed practices, as well as provision of psycho-education as needed.
• Provide DBT to youth age 12-18, and facilitate a DBT skills group for youth and their caregivers.
• Work within a multi-disciplinary framework with other professionals including, psychologists and psychiatrists.
• Support our Here to Help phone line and Walk in Clinic on a rotating basis using a brief single session approach.
• Provide consultations to school personnel and give presentations in the community as required.
• Provide case management for clients with multiple and complex needs. This includes: referrals to internal/external programs.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues focused on building individual, team and agency success.
• Meet scheduled deadlines and program demands, including clinical reports.
• Ensure that the client record is maintained as per agency standards.
• Participate in quality assurance, evaluation and research activities, as required.
Here is what you will need:
• Masters of Social Work or Masters of Counselling Psychology (or equivalent), and registration with an appropriate governing body, and at least 2 years’ experience working in a children’s mental health setting.
• Experience working with youth struggling with depression, anxiety, strained social relationships, eating disorders, self-injurious behaviour, trauma, psychiatric diagnoses, difficult family dynamics, attentional and learning disabilities.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who has:
• Sound knowledge of evidenced based treatment modalities including but not limited to, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Trauma-informed therapy, Attachment-based therapy, Family Therapy, with particular knowledge, training and proficiency in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
• Knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent development.
• Suicide risk assessment and intervention skills.
• Knowledge of community and agency programs in York Region including transitional age youth and adult services.
• Demonstrated sound judgement related to the development of collaborative approaches working with children, youth and their families; including high-risk circumstances and safety planning.
• Ability to meet the needs of a diverse client base, through knowledge of and application of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), trauma-informed, anti-oppressive, anti-racist and cultural competency practices.
• Experience facilitating groups and webinars/workshops.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment exercising professional judgement in conflictual and stressful situations.
• Sound writing skills and ability to complete documentation in a timely manner.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• Ability to identify learning needs and seek consultation and support through supervision.
• Demonstrated computer literacy and familiarity with computer technology.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule that includes two evenings/week.
• Must be fluent in English, speaking, writing and reading. Fluency in other languages is an asset.
York Hills is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We encourage you to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to this role within your application.
York Hills is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace. We believe in a cultivating a selection process and employment environment without discrimination or harassment, that is inclusive and barrier free.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance and we will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner
APPLY TODAY Recruitment (adp.com)
Accepting applications until May 23, 2022. Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org