Website Children's Mental Health Services
Respect, empower, support!
Children’s Mental Health Services is a Lead Agency overseeing programs and services across Hastings, Northumberland and Prince Edward Counties. At CMHS, we strive to offer seamless and meaningful mental health treatment services for children, youth and their families. Our staff are experienced in providing evidence based treatment to children, youth and families and we work with our clients and their family to set goals and achieve them together.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to join our Live in Treatment program for our residential facilities.
As the Residential Child and Family Therapist with our agency, you will be responsible to provide direct client centered youth and family intervention services to young people and their families through a range of mental health services including assessment, therapy, case management, crisis response and psycho-educational activities. In this role, you will collaborate with Child and Youth Workers and Consulting Psychologist to form an on-site multi-disciplinary residential service team and engage in the implementation of residential services programs to achieve client goals. In addition to treatment plan formulation, you will provide clinical coaching and support to the Child and Youth Workers to ensure comprehensive treatment plans are developed and delivered for each youth and family involved in the program. As an active team member, you will work to ensure that service delivery is responsive to the community and consistent with the vision of the Organization and you will foster the development of an integrated service system for children and their families by being a strong local advocate on their behalf.
Education and certification
- A Master of Social Work or equivalent graduate diploma;
- 3-5 years clinical experience in a children’s mental health setting;
- Additional training and experience delivering DBT and CBT programming/treatment, collaborative problem solving, mindfulness therapy and trauma informing counselling is a strong asset;
- A registered member in good standing with the OCSWSSW.
- We are seeking individuals who can demonstrate their capability to:
- Use professional judgement on a daily basis that reflects clinical best practices and quality standards within the parameters of organizational policies and procedures.
- Handle emergency, crisis and hostile behavior situations.
- Maintain control in difficult and frustrating situations.
- Maintain confidentiality and avoid conflict of interest.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the field of residential based mental health services.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to child and family services/children’s mental health services.
- Demonstrated ability to form meaningful relationships with children, youth and parents or guardians.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess competent computer skills.
- Possess excellent telephone counselling skills and public relations skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve service goals.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility to meet the needs of clients/families within the service.
- The work is performed in the residential setting,
- The hours of work are 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday however the incumbent must be available to work flexible hours when required to align with the client needs
- The starting salary is $60,994 annually
- This position is part of a bargaining unit
What we offer
- Employer paid Group insurance coverage including health care, vision and dental
- Employee retirement plan (optional)
- 3 weeks of annual paid vacation, 5 paid personal days and 3 paid days in December
- Employee Assistance Program
- Computer purchase program
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com