Website Compass, Boussole, Akii-Izhinoogan
Work together to create paths with children, youth and families
Compass is hiring an Executive-level position: Director of Clinical and Client Services
Based in Sudbury, Ontario (not very far from Toronto), Compass is the Lead Agency for child & youth mental health services for the districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. Compass has a culture of caring, learning, and purpose where employees feel supported, where new ideas and innovation are welcomed, and where massive, intergenerational impact is made in the lives of children, youth, families, and communities at large. Culture, leadership, and development really matter at Compass. We’re proud of bringing our culture to life through regular staff engagement, prioritizing employee wellness, and embodying the trauma-informed culture framework Sanctuary (www.thesanctuaryinstitute.org/about-us/the-sanctuary-model). The senior leadership team also engages its management team and key staff influencers in monthly leadership development related to the LEADS in a Caring Environment Framework (www.leadscanada.net).
Sudbury is a medium-sized city known for its serenity (including virtually no traffic!) and an astonishing amount of nearby lakes, hiking trails, and outdoor activities, while still enjoying a significant variety of the amenities large cities offer, including various restaurants, entertainment, and cultural diversity.
Compass/Bousolle/Akii-Izhinoogan is a non-profit agency. Our mission is focused on working together to create paths with children, youth and families to reach their full potential by providing a continuum of mental health and developmental services with an emphasis on treatment.
Directly reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will oversee the coordination, facilitation and implementation of clinical and client services, supervise the Clinical Management Team, manage budgets, partake in local, regional and provincial committees, as well as monitor and ensure the evaluation all of the Agency’s clinical and client services.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or in a related discipline.
- Current registration to a professional college in Ontario is required.
- Minimum five or more years of demonstrated management/executive experience and more than 10 years of direct clinical experience in the child and youth mental health sector, or relatable sector.
- Demonstrated abilities to effectively lead people, and manage clinically relevant administrative functions and activities of the Agency.
- Demonstrated abilities to collaborate effectively in a team environment and to work collaboratively with community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and outcome evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business strategies to assist the clinical team and Agency realize business goals.
- Demonstrated abilities in managing departmental budgets and resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated abilities as a systems thinker, working under pressure with tight deadlines, and navigating political environments.
- Understanding of continuous quality improvement activities to enhance service delivery.
- Ability to lead and manage in a continuous changing environment.
- Understanding and ability to apply the competency of safe and effective use of self (SEUS) of psychotherapy practice.
- Work and manage within a unionized environment.
- Proficiency in both official languages is an asset.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and HOOPP pension package. Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae by email or mail by January 27, 2023 and quote posting number 1725 to:
62 Frood Road, Suite 100
Sudbury ON P3C 4Z3
Compass is committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. We believe that equity, inclusion and diversity is key to organizational success. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose Compass as your employer of choice.
Accommodations are available to support applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If selected for an interview and you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.compassne.ca.