Website Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca
JOB POSTING #1861-24
Bilingual Child and Youth Worker – ISSP (Intensive Support and Supervision Program)
North Bay, ON
HOURS OF WORK:
Permanent part-time (21 hours per week)
Minimum $25.42 to maximum $30.93 per hour
Salary commensurate with education and experience
February 28, 2024 – noon
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is working to create a better day today and tomorrow for our clients, families, and communities. We are dedicated to improving the life experiences of families, children, youth and adults with mental health concerns or a developmental disability, by providing them with help and support in facing and working through social, emotional, behavioural, physical, and developmental difficulties.
Our professional team helps more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, Timmins, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide quality clinical, navigation and professional support in the areas of autism, behavioural, developmental, mental health, and rehabilitative services.
The objective of the Intensive Support and Supervision Program (ISSP) is to provide the youth justice system with an effective alternative to custody that enhances community safety and provides effective rehabilitation services to young persons diagnosed with mental health disorders. The Child and Youth Worker, ISSP (CYW, ISSP) will implement treatment plan recommendations by providing mental health services to clients who are experiencing social, emotional, or behavioural problems, who are involved in the Youth Justice System and have a mental health diagnosis. The CYW, ISSP will support clients, whose participation in the ISSP program is directed by the client’s probation order, to create goals and make lifestyle changes to prevent recidivism. They will also support client families to build capacity and support the client. The CYW will operate as part of a multi-disciplinary team and will collaborate with other community professionals to best support the client’s mental health needs.
· Two (2) year college diploma in one of the following fields: Child and Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Mental Health and Addictions, or Human Services
· Related work experience is an asset
· Experience working with youth with complex needs is an asset
· Experience using trauma-informed, therapeutic crisis intervention and Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is an asset
· Knowledge of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy is an asset
· Understanding of Family System Theory is an asset
· CPR and First Aid Certification is an asset
· Aware of regional resources, services and funding available that may be beneficial to clients
· Excellent time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Proficient software skills using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook)
· Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety, with a willingness to contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for clients and their families/caregivers, colleagues, other community members and yourself
· Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information and situations
· Successful applicants will be required to provide:
o Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
o A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
o Clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
· Bilingualism (French/English) is required
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1861-24, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com