Jewish Family and Child Service
Position Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Director, Family Services
Salary Range: $84,500 to 100,000 Based on Experience
Location: JDD, 196 Keewatin Ave, Toronto, ON M4P 1Z8
Posting Date: October 21, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: TBD
About The Agency
Jewish Family and Child Service is a multi-service, client-centered, family service agency and a Children’s Aid Society. We support the healthy development of individuals, children, families, and communities through prevention, protection, counselling, and education and advocacy services, within the context of Jewish values.
About the Role
We are seeking a Manager of the Jerome D. Diamond Centre (JDD) who is responsible for the total operation of the day treatment services. The JDD is designed to treat adolescents with emotional, behavioural, academic and/or social problems related to learning problems, psychiatric or family issues. This leadership role within the Agency involves ensuring the implementation of the Agency’s mission, vision and values as well as ensuring the services within the practice team are aligned and client-centered. This position is outside of the bargaining unit.
- Oversee the intake, assessment, placement, treatment, discharge and follow-up for all clients
- Evaluate and respond to the effectiveness of therapeutic and teaching approaches
- Ensure that all service delivery, both clinical and educational, is effective, efficient and responsive through the formulation and monitoring of case management plans that are in line with the needs of clients
- Ensure that services are coordinated, integrated and managed to best support clients through a client centric approach
- Ensure that the partnership with the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) is managed and upheld
- Ensure the team has the necessary tools and resources to deliver the highest quality services
- Facilitate the success of workers, recognizing achievements and addressing performance related matters
- Communicate and follow through with Agency objectives, directions, initiatives and strategic goals to the team
- Participate as a member of the Agency’s management team to ensure the highest level of client service and continuity of service for clients
- Ensure the operation of a safe and clean and well maintained workplace promoting excellent client service
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s Social Work or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years directly related experience in a managerial position
- Member in OCCSWSSW in good standing
- Effective working knowledge of treatment of challenging adolescents experiencing emotional, behavioural, social and educational challenges
- An understanding of the Partnership between TDSB and JF&CS with respect to Day Treatment Services
- Experience with day treatment and working with a community board preferred
- Strong assessment, clinical and diagnostic skills
- Interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy and the ability to work with a variety of styles and manage conflict productively.
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Commitment to professional service delivery to clients
- Positively challenge and inspire employees to rise to their higher values and best work.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter by visiting our Career Opportunities page at Jewish Family and Child Service | Career Opportunities (jfandcs.com)
Jewish Family and Child Service is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
JF&CS has a COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a valid exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code is provided.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Jewish Family and Child Service, please visit: Jewish Family and Child Service | JF&CS | GTA (jfandcs.com) Jewish Family and Child Service – Home | Facebook
To apply for this job please visit www.jfandcs.com.