York Hills Centre for Children, Youth and Families
York Hills is seeking a Summer Student/s Therapeutic CYW Counsellors
Are you an enthusiastic Student Child and Youth Worker looking for a real CYW experience?
Sound like you?
York Hills currently is looking for CYW’s to join us this summer. This summer opportunity is to work with children ages 6-13 with emotional and behavioural challenges as a Therapeutic CYW Summer Counsellor.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to valuable experience in children’s mental health sector, you will enjoy the program features listed below:
- A Mentor Program– to help you settle into your role and responsibilities as a therapeutic counsellor
- A Supervisor-to offer guidance, support and meaningful learning
- Exposure –opportunity to work alongside experienced CYW & Social Workers in a team setting
- Involvement– will allow you to showcase your skill set and develop therapeutic interventions
- Experience– working with children in a treatment setting, include milieu counseling, outdoor education, play therapy, groups and recreation
- Full Time– 6 weeks of full- time summer employment along with a competitive salary
- Sun Shine– spend the majority of your summer outside
What would you do?
- Supervise children in groups, facilitating group programming
- Run group camp activities and stations
- Creatively implement alternate activities if required (ie. Rain days)
Who is our Ideal Candidate?
We are looking for individuals with a passion for children with emotional and behavioural challenges and the skills and qualifications listed below:
- A CYW or Social Services Worker student
- UMAB trained
- Experience working with Children in treatment, recreation and/or summer camp
- A desire to uphold York Hills’ mission, values and vision
- Confidence, Reliable and adaptable to ever changing situations
- Understands Trauma and Attachment theory and the ability to work within that framework
Additional Qualification: To qualify for student positions applicants will be a current full -time student, returning to studies in the fall.
Accepting applications until June 10, 2022. Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Susan Blair-Drouin at email@example.com
York Hills is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We encourage you to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to this role within your application.
York Hills is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace. We believe in a cultivating a selection process and employment environment without discrimination or harassment, that is inclusive and barrier free.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance and we will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org