Website Turning Point Youth Services
TPYS is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Counsellor to provide evidence-informed and strength-based counselling and support to Toronto youth and their families.
Turning Point Youth Services (TPYS) mission is to empower youth to make positive change in their lives, and our legacy is having helped thousands of youths and families turn their lives around. TPYS provides a range of services for youth struggling with mental health issues, addictions homelessness, and/or involvement with youth justice. Our staff are committed to providing effective programs and services that are trauma-informed, inclusive and equitable, and responsive to the needs of the diverse youth living in the downtown and East Toronto area.
We are also actively building an inclusive and diverse staff body to represent the lived experience of youth and families in Toronto.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and skills:
· Master’s Degree in Social Work, M.A., Ph.D. or equivalent related education. We welcome applications from internationally trained professionals who have completed the Bridge to Registration and Employment in Mental Health (BREM) program.
· Registration with a professional governing body such as the Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Services Workers (RSW), the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (RP), or the equivalent.
· Experience providing evidence-informed counselling services for youth and families. Knowledgeable in Trauma-Informed, Attachment-Based, Cognitive and Dialectical Behavioural Therapies.
· Demonstrated experience in supporting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Anti-Oppressive Practice (AOP) and challenging Anti-Black Racism (ABR).
· Knowledgeable about local community resources and networks in Toronto.
· Demonstrated professionalism, sound judgment and a positive, respectful and collaborative approach.
· Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills (verbal and written).
· Able to work independently and effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Strong case management, administrative and organizational skills.
· Proof of vaccination (minimum two doses) against COVID-19 required.
· Valid First Aid/CPR and UMAB certification (if valid); completion of required crisis intervention and suicide prevention training an asset.
Fluency in languages other than English is considered an advantage.
Turning Point Youth Services is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities, LGBTTQ+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.
If you’re interested, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we are appreciative of the time all individuals put into applying, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com