Website Turning Point Youth Services
Turning Point Youth Services is an accredited, multi service, child and youth mental health Centre that provides a range of services for youth, aged 12-24 and their families. We are seeking a dynamic and forward thinking Senior Manager to provide leadership and support to the Clinical and Counselling Services (CCS) program and staff. Clinical and Counselling Services include community based counselling, service coordination, intensive in home counselling, and clinical support and case management to the live in treatment programs. Clinical and Counselling services are aligned with agency strategic directions. This position is part of the Senior Leadership Team.
The Manager, CCS provides strategic leadership for, and the management of, community based mental health services. The Manager is responsible for:
- Leadership in the development and implementation of best practice in clinical services.
- Administrative and clinical supervision for clinical staff.
- Performance management and ensuring program and individual performance targets are attained.
- Establishing clinical directions and practices that meet the needs of a diverse community of youth and their families who often experience marginalization and barriers to service including stigma and racism. The Manager must demonstrate an understanding of AOP, ABR, and Trauma informed work and evidence based/informed practice.
- Leading, establishing and maintaining key community partnerships and relationships.
- Ensuring quality of services standards of excellence are met.
- Preparing staff for Accreditation and ensuring compliance with standards of care
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, M.A., Ph.D. or equivalent related education; previous training and/or experience in organizational and change management will be considered an asset.
- Registration with a professional governing body such as Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Services Workers (RSW), or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (RP), or the equivalent as determined by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a relevant clinical supervisor and/or management position in health or social services. Knowledge of evidence informed/based practices, program evaluation methods and tools.
- Clinical training that is inclusive of knowledge that addresses the diversity and complexity of individuals and families served.
- Demonstrated skills in the area of mental health treatment of, and support to, adolescents and transitional age youth, youth at risk, and marginalized and racialized communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Anti-Oppressive Practice (AOP) and Anti- Black Racism (ABR).
- Understanding of social determinants of health and awareness of systemic barriers to service.
- Skills in trauma informed clinical and human resource practice.
- Knowledge of the Toronto Region children’s service system, relevant legislation (CYFSA, YCJA).
- Excellent interpersonal, team, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to carry and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Strong administrative, organizational and computer skills.
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Sensitivity to, and ability to work with, a diverse staff and client group.
- Experience within a unionized environment an asset.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 with a vaccination series officially approved by Health Canada.
Turning Point offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Turning Point Youth Services (TPYS) is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. TPYS is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Senior HR Generalist will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org